[aisle] More ?s abt databases

Danielle Baker dxbaker2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 29 09:31:19 CDT 2020

Having students understand the importance of using a database opposed to Google( global yellow pages) allows you to direct students to the specific site. I have used Gale but prefer Proquest because of it being user friendly.  Starting out with something that will help you build student understanding could be done through the different selections. I would suggest getting a trial from vendors and promote them to your teachers and students. See which database has the best usage before selecting one just because of its price. Salespersons will work with you. For middle school Factcite.com is basic but that’s a start . High school I really like Proquest and they has one that is called Culturegrams for use with learning different countries and culture. Good Luck !

"God is your source- everything else is just a resource"
  Tony Evans

Danielle Baker
CCSD 168
District Librarian