[aisle] Google Single Sign On in Destiny

Smolka, Matt smolkam at glencoeschools.org
Wed Aug 5 07:27:53 CDT 2020

Hi,
We just activated SSO and it did not effect the accounts in anyway.

I believe you need to have the student email in the email 1 field of their
accounts, so if the parent email is there you may need to make some
adjustments.  Other than that everything is the same.

Matt

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 7:18 AM Monica Fumarolo via AISLE <

> Hello all,
>
> With the world as it is, it's been decided at my school that students will
> place books on hold through Destiny/Destiny Discover and library staff will
> deliver the items to Language Arts classrooms when they're available. My
> students have never signed in to their Destiny accounts before, so my
> district is exploring using Google Single Sign On. However, many students
> still have overdues from last year, plus there's other information with
> their accounts such as student and parent email addresses, grade level,
> graduation year, etc. Does this information stay intact when Google Sign On
> is activated, or does it create new accounts? Anyone who has been through
> this before and has any advice, I'd appreciate it!
>
> Thanks,
> Monica
>
> --
> Monica Fumarolo, MSLIS
> LLC Director, Librarian
> Yearbook Advisor
> McClure Junior High School
> 4225 Wolf Rd., Western Springs, IL 60558
> <https://www.google.com/maps/search/4225+Wolf+Rd.,+Western+Springs,+IL+60558?entry=gmail&source=g>
>
> This email transmission contains information from Western Springs School
> District 101 which is confidential or privileged. This information is
> intended to be for the use of the addressed individual or entity.  If you
> are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
> distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.  If
> you have received this transmission in error, please notify us by replying
> to the sender immediately.MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG

Matt Smolka, MLIS MAED
Glencoe Central School CLC Director

--
This e-mail message contains information that may be privileged or
confidential and is the property of the Board of Education of Glencoe