[aisle] Remote Learning from Day One

Christine Wilson wilson.christine at d46.org
Sun Aug 9 20:53:52 CDT 2020

We are putting together physical packets of materials - math journals, etc.
- for families to pick up before the start of school. The current plan is
for this to be a drive through pick up/drop off at each building as we did
at the end of last year. I've not heard about different arrangements for
tech. Older Macbooks are being readied for PSRP.

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 9:57 AM Jennifer Sutton via AISLE <

> Hi Holly,
>
> We distributed our materials in person last week. We handed out our
> textbooks and Chromebooks to incoming and transfer students and it went
> pretty well. We split the students into small groups and assigned them
> different times to come in (about 1/8 of our student body at a time split
> across 2 campuses) and we were able to have our SIS expert have the
> usernames and passwords printed right on the student schedules. Our tech
> team created a set of written directions for how to log on to the device.
> They also posted the directions digitally, I believe, on the tech site.
>
> It wasn't perfect, but it seemed to work fairly well. The students had a
> digital orientation program this week using their devices.
>
> Hope that is helpful! If you have any questions or I can help in another
> way, please let me know.
>
> Jen
>
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2020, 7:04 AM Pantle, Holly via AISLE <
>
>> Within those districts are are starting day one with remote learning, how
>> are you getting computers distributed? passwords? physical resources? Is
>> this all happening before day one of student attendance?
>>
>> Ms. Holly Pantle
>>
>> Educational Technology Director
>>
>> Charleston CUSD#1 <https://www.charleston.k12.il.us/>
>>
>> 217-639-1033
>>

>> <http://islma.org/>
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
Avon Center School