[aisle] Follett eBooks vs. Sora

Jennifer Muzzy jennifermuzzy at mcusd2.com
Thu Aug 13 12:40:05 CDT 2020

Hello collective mind...

We are a K-5 school.  This will be our first year one-on-one with
Chromebooks.  We use Follett Destiny.  We are starting our year with
remote-only learning through the first quarter.

Is there a definitive answer on if it is better/easier for students and
staff to access ebooks through Destiny v. Sora?  I presume the same books
are available for purchase through both and the same pricing and access
level.

Does this answer change if a subscription to Tumblebooks or Capstone ebooks
or some other service is added into the mix?  I'm looking for one stop
shopping if at all possible.

Thank you, and good luck to everyone this year trying to figure out new
ways of doing things!

--
Jennifer Muzzy
Librarian

--
This is a staff email account managed by Mattoon Community Unit School
District 2.  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential