[aisle] Copyright and movies during Remote Learning

Meyer, Gail GMeyer at tfd215.org
Mon Aug 17 10:45:14 CDT 2020

Copyright isn't my strongest area, unfortunately, and I'm hoping for thoughts on this one.

We run a Media Analysis class where the teacher has shown movies to his class. The principal has judged this fair use, and whether it is or not I've stayed out of it. But now they want to know about posting movies in their Google classroom. Would this be fair use also? We do not have a public performance license anymore as the district decided it was unnecessary.  I'm not sure if a digital classroom is a public performance though.

Gail Meyer, Librarian
TF South High School, Lansing, IL
gmeyer at tfd215.org<mailto:gmeyer at tfd215.org>
708.585.2197