[aisle] remote learning book check out proposals?

Jeanne Brucher jbrucher at geneseoschools.org
Thu Aug 27 11:38:12 CDT 2020

I am starting remote services for the middle school and high school.
Here's how it will work:

1.   Students place a hold in Destiny.
2.  I pull books when they are available, check them out to the students,
and send an email to the student to let them know they are ready for pick
up (created a Gmail Template to make this pretty simple).
3.  At the middle school I am offering curbside pick up two days a week
from 2-3:15 (during remote teacher office hours so as not to schedule pick
up during remote class times).  At the high school I will have it
Monday-Friday from 2-3.  Students or parents who can't make it during that
time will have to email me, and I will see if there can be an alternative.
Not starting an evening pick up at this point.
4.  I will be wheeling the carts of pre-checked out books outside for
pickup.
5.  As to returns, I keep bins at the front office during regular office
hours for returns any day, and will roll it outside during library curbside
hours.  The bins are in quarantine for at least four days before being
handled.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 11:23 AM Jamie Winchell via AISLE <

> Hi,
>
> Is your district remote and doing a curbside or other book checkout/pickup
> plan? Our librarians are hoping to get books into kids' hands but our
> district wants a proposal from us.
>
> Please reply if you are remote and doing a book checkout program. District
> 97 librarians would love to hear from you.
>
> Thanks,
> Jamie Winchell
> Teacher Librarian
> Percy Julian Middle School
> pronouns: she/hers
>
> 'At least books belonged to me." -Rebecca Solnit

Jeanne Brucher
Librarian, GHS Building Leadership Team Co-Leader
GMS Student Council Advisor, GHS Speech Team Advisor
jbrucher at geneseoschools.org
Geneseo Middle School (309) 945-0524
Geneseo High School (309) 945-0316