[aisle] Date correction and more info on We Need Diverse Books session! Read on

dsmma at frontiernet.net dsmma at frontiernet.net
Mon Aug 31 21:27:51 CDT 2020

On Saturday November 7 from 9 am - 12 pm Nicole Johnson and Caroline Richmond of We Need Diverse Books, WNDB, will not only speak about getting diverse books into the hands of our diverse students but also address these two needs:

   -
“What actions can we take to encourage white patrons to read more diversely?”

   -
“How do we handle books that may have respectful depictions of one marginalized group but problematic content of another?”

And there is more.  WNDB will provide book recommendations, from board books up to young adult books that represent a wide variety of diverse voices and they will organize a panel with local authors and illustrators to talk about their work and to discuss diversity in children’s literature as a whole.

 But, you can only attend this session if you register for the  2020 Virtual AISLE Conference

AISLE Conference Online Registration

Peggy Burton, Retired School Librarian
PR Chair, 2020 Virtual AISLE Conference