[aisle] for middle grades?

Jeanne Brucher jbrucher at geneseoschools.org
Tue Dec 1 09:16:48 CST 2020

I run our middle school and our high school.  I have read Dear Martin but
not Dear Justyce yet.  I do not keep these at our middle school as I am in
a rather conservative community.  The main characters are high
school students and there is swearing and drinking.  They are outstanding
books, but I keep them at the high school and only loan them to middle
school students who would request them from our high school collection.
There is a big difference between a kid requesting the book than an
unsuspecting 6th grader picking them up off the shelf.

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 8:42 AM Kathy Wickline via AISLE <

> Dear All,
> I haven't read these but Scholastic suggests Dear Martin and Dear Justyce
> for middle grades.
>
> What are your thoughts?  I hate to order and find I have to send them to
> the high school library.
> Kathy Wickline
> Unity Junior High Librarian
> Tolono, IL
> wicklinek at unity.k12.il.us
>
> Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ujhslibrary

Jeanne Brucher
Librarian, GHS Building Leadership Team Co-Leader
GMS Student Council Advisor, GHS Speech Team Advisor
jbrucher at geneseoschools.org
Geneseo Middle School (309) 945-0524
Geneseo High School (309) 945-0316

Currently Reading: