[aisle] virtual / in person simultaneous teaching tools

Renee Kozeal renee.kozeal at phs-il.org
Thu Dec 3 09:29:30 CST 2020

We have a subscription to Screencastify so that teachers can record lessons
to share on their Google Classrooms either during class or for students to
access later. Other things that came up were the quality of sound and
picture. Our teacher machines were just Chromebooks, and they didn't handle
all of the video well. We have since purchased real laptops for everyone,
and they are MUCH better. We also purchased good web cams and headset
microphones for those who wanted them--you know, teachers are wearing
masks, and it's harder for the remote kids to hear them. We have been doing
blended learning (students in the classroom and students at home on the
Google Meet during class) all year with the exception of two weeks in
November. It's hard work, and the teachers are exhausted. Good tools are a
must.

Renee Kozeal
Princeton High School

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 8:46 AM Wyatt, Paula via AISLE <

> Good Morning,
>
> My principal has asked me to reach out to see if anyone who is doing
> simultaneous teaching right now has any recommendations for "must haves" to
> make it happen as seamlessly as possible for all teachers in the building
> (not just me as a librarian).  Of course I laughed since this seems like an
> impossible feat.  I figured if anyone knew, it would be all of you.  She is
> thinking about any hardware, software, systems to put into place.  I am in
> Chicago so she doesn't have a say in whether or not it will happen, just
> the best way to meet the mandates.
>

> *Paula Wyatt, MS., MA., NBCT*
> *Beaubien Elementary School Librarian*
>

> <https://t.cred.ly/_gbSrjOQxjjQgd3HFWjl_A,,$$$lUilhrzpHlWZtHICD-hE4ov6_dk3CYXrz8H6dCSDQrKxUl93_unrvkTEMixatrvtCftvRDYbAt5Gav1osQIrUEYh1F-NENKp0hS6l5IQC-A,?r=https%3A%2F%2Fcredly.com%2Fcredit%2F23508137&t=1595970983&c=sl>
>
> [image: Positive Discipline | Laura Atack Positive Discipline | France]
> Beaubien Elementary School Librarian
>
> Libraries are . . . essential to the functioning of a democratic society .
> . .libraries are the great symbols of the freedom of the mind.  Franklin
> D. Roosevelt
>
> *Click to see my projects at http://www.donorschoose.org/pa
> <http://www.donorschoose.org/paulawyatt>**ulawyatt
> <http://www.donorschoose.org/paulawyatt>*