[aisle] PD about teaching diverse materials

Trisha Honkoski thonkoski at district146.org
Mon Dec 7 11:00:36 CST 2020

First Book and Pizza Hut created a video series and guidebook “to support educators in helping their students engage in effective, courageous conversations about race and social justice.” These resources were informed by BIPOC anti-bias and antiracism experts, including Britt Hawthorne, Tiffany Jewell, Liz Kleinrock, Cornelius Minor, and Christine Platt. https://firstbook.org/pizzahut-empoweringeducators/

If you are not familiar with these individuals and their work, I highly recommend following them in Instagram, Liz Kleinrock is especially active here and I learn something from her every single day. She is incredible.

Britt Hawthorne @britthawthorne
Tiffany Jewell @tiffanymjewell
Liz Kleinrock @teachandtransform
Christine Platt @afrominimalist

Trisha Honkoski
Media Center Director
Fierke Education Center 🐝
Oak Forest, IL
p: 708/614-4520

“Reading shaped my dreams, and more reading helped me make my dreams come true.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg