[aisle] Go Guardian Question

Lauren Ochs lochs at ms.k12.il.us
Fri Dec 11 10:14:16 CST 2020

It doesn't only work on Chromebooks, but our district has made it clear
that we will not monitor students on their personal devices due to privacy
concerns from parents outside of school hours, so if a student chooses to
use their personal device instead of their school issued Chromebook, they
cannot be monitored via Go Guardian even if they are logged into their
school google account on their personal device. Some teachers have made it
a class rule that students must use their school issued device for their
class, some have not. IT set up our school issued chromebooks so students
can only log into them with their school google account which has pros and
cons since their school emails can also receive/send emails to other
district accounts.

I don't really know how to solve #3. I would suggest calling their tech
support. Ours does sync to Google Classroom, but I wasn't in charge of
setting any of it up so I can't be helpful in that area.

*Lauren Ochs *
School Librarian
Mahomet-Seymour High School
lochs at ms.k12.il.us

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 9:25 AM Kathy Wickline via AISLE <

> Dear All,
> We just added this to our chromebooks yesterday, and I need some quick
> answers:
> 1.  Does it only work on Chromebooks?
> 2.  Could a student log in under two accounts--person and school and still
> be able to get to websites we don't want them to use?
> 3.  We have this issue:  All our new students aren't syncing from Google
> Classroom.  Instead of their name their emails shows up and no monitoring
> possible is the message we are getting.  Any suggestions on how to correct
> this?
>
> Thanks!
> Kathy Wickline
> Unity Junior High Librarian
> Tolono, IL
> wicklinek at unity.k12.il.us
>
> Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ujhslibrary

_Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachment thereto is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s), and is covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act (18 USC 2510 et seq). It may contain information
that is confidential and legally privileged within the meaning of
applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message._