[aisle] In need of novel assistance

Rademacher, Kristen rademacher.kristen at marist.net
Mon Dec 14 09:25:31 CST 2020

Good morning, librarians.
If anyone can think of the following two books, I'd be ever grateful. Two students are in search of these stories from their childhood and neither are ringing a bell for me.

First one:
It has a black cover with butterflies on it. It is a chapter book. The protagonist's parents sell organs, possibly illegally. Brother dies and family moves to New York. Possibly hiding in New York? There may have been mafia involved.

Second one:
Super scary but was not a Goosebumps book or from the Scary Stories anthologies as students has thoroughly searched those. Two brothers who love each other but squabble a bit find and purchase a quilt from a garage sale. Younger brother wraps himself in quilt and is first squeezed and then absorbed into the quilt and a new patch appears with his image. Freaked out brother goes to parents for help and they tell him he never had a little brother. It was a short chapter book.

Any help with those two stories would be great!!! Have a lovely Monday and rest of your week before holiday break.

Kristen Rademacher
Librarian
1 Book 1 Marist Director
Marist High School<http://www.marist.net/academics/arclibrary/>