[aisle] In need of novel assistance

Sarah R srudenga at sd161.org
Mon Dec 14 09:30:35 CST 2020

Good morning Kristen!  I think the first one is Hold Me Like A Breath by
Tiffany Schmidt.  Can't help with the second.  :)
Sarah

Currently Reading:                                         Currently
Listening To:
 [image: Moon Over Manifest: Vanderpool, Clare: 8580001057057: Amazon.com:
Books]                                      [image: Amazon.com: NEED
(9780544938830): Charbonneau, Joelle: Books]

Sarah Rudenga
Media Center Coordinator
Parker Junior High School
Flossmoor, IL
srudenga at sd161.org

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 9:26 AM Rademacher, Kristen via AISLE <

> Good morning, librarians.
>
> If anyone can think of the following two books, I’d be ever grateful. Two
> students are in search of these stories from their childhood and neither
> are ringing a bell for me.
>

> First one:
>
> It has a black cover with butterflies on it. It is a chapter book. The
> protagonist’s parents sell organs, possibly illegally. Brother dies and
> family moves to New York. Possibly hiding in New York? There may have been
> mafia involved.
>

> Second one:
>
> Super scary but was not a Goosebumps book or from the Scary Stories
> anthologies as students has thoroughly searched those. Two brothers who
> love each other but squabble a bit find and purchase a quilt from a garage
> sale. Younger brother wraps himself in quilt and is first squeezed and then
> absorbed into the quilt and a new patch appears with his image. Freaked out
> brother goes to parents for help and they tell him he never had a little
> brother. It was a short chapter book.
>

> Any help with those two stories would be great!!! Have a lovely Monday and
> rest of your week before holiday break.
>

> *Kristen Rademacher*
>
> *Librarian*
>
> *1 Book 1 Marist Director*
>
> *Marist High School <http://www.marist.net/academics/arclibrary/>*
>
> *773.881.5356*
>
> *@1Book1Marist*
>
> rademacher.kristen at marist.net
> <rademacher.kristen at marist.net%3cmailto:rademacher.kristen at marist.net>

*E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Illinois has a very broad public
records law. Most written communications (including email) to or from
school district officials and staff are public records available to the
public and media upon request. Your email communications may therefore be
subject to public disclosure. Flossmoor School District 161*