[aisle] Major Tech Purchase?

Drumm, Erica edrumm at elmhurst205.org
Mon Dec 14 12:29:10 CST 2020

Hi, Kate,

Writing from York High School. I wrote a grant 1.5 years ago for Virtual
Reality equipment and I was able to purchase 12 Oculus Quest VR headsets.
They were super popular for gaming during study hall/lunch and were used
occasionally by classes viewing immersive documentaries. (maybe 50 class
periods total August - February, but more teachers were planning to use
them in the Spring). Some clubs used them too (art club for the graffiti
app etc).

Obviously, we haven't used them this year  - and I hear that Facebook is
taking over Oculus and I'm not sure how that is going to affect our
accounts.

I don't know if I recommend them or not - I do know they've been very
popular.

I'm curious to hear what others recommend!

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 10:17 AM Kate Rogers via AISLE <

> Hi, everyone,
>
> *I'm curious what major tech purchases you've made in the past few years
> that have notably improved your work and/or your students' experiences in
> the library.*
>
> We're in a high school, but I'd be curious to hear from librarians working
> with students at any level.
>
> We're fortunate to have a well-developed video production room. Our
> students are 1:1 with Chromebooks. We own a bunch of Breakout Boxes.
>
> Thanks so much for sharing your ideas and experiences!
> Kate Rogers
>
> --
> Kate Rogers (she/her/hers)
>

> The DGS Library is now offering Curbside Pickup!
> <https://dgslibrary.org/home>
>
> *Downers Grove South High School*
> *     Librarian, dgslibrary.org <http://dgslibrary.org>*
> *     Book Club Sponsor*