[aisle] News article viewership metrics

Drumm, Erica edrumm at elmhurst205.org
Thu Dec 17 08:36:28 CST 2020

Hello,

Perhaps this resource will point him to what he needs?
https://fakenews.publicdatalab.org/  I've only skimmed, but I think page 31
dives into what the student is exploring.

Click on the black bar "download the guide" after clicking the link.

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 1:51 PM Feeley, Francis via AISLE <

> A senior student in the AP Research course at my school is doing a
> year-long project on political polarization, specifically the reach of
> polarized articles vs non-polarized articles.
>
> In short the student is looking for metrics about the viewership of
> individual articles.
>
>    - Do you know of media outlets that provide those metrics publicly and
>    how they can be accessed?
>    - Do you know of any public or private organizations that aggregate
>    article viewership data or any other metrics about the popularity of
>    individual articles?
>
> Thanks for your consideration.
>
> I hope you and your loved ones are safe and well.
>
> --
> *Fran Feeley, NBCT*
> School Librarian  fafeeley at cps.edu
> http://jcplibrary.weebly.com/  (website)
> https://jcplibrary.weebly.com/library-newsblog (blog)
> pronouns: he, him, his
>
> *I am working on becoming an anti-racist teacher. I'm ready to talk about
> it.*
>

> *Click here
> <https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/1825348-fran?shelf=read> to see what
> I have been reading lately. Reach out to discuss!*
> [image: peacefully reading]
>
> *William Jones College Preparatory High School*
> 700 South State Street
> Chicago IL 60605
> GSR #38
> http://www.jonescollegeprep.org