[aisle] Replace theft detection system?

Ann Marie Jinkins ajinkins at rthsd212.org
Thu Dec 17 11:08:07 CST 2020

Our 2003 3M Theft Detection system has finally died and we are considering
not replacing it. Visually, I like eliminating the message that security
gates send to students at the entrance to the LMC.  Even though the alarm
alerted us to books walking out of the LMC several times a week, I don't
think the price of lost books would justify the purchase of a new one.

Those of you who have found yourselves in a similar situation...did you
replace your system? If not, have you seen an uptick in lost books? Thanks
for your time.

Ann Marie Jinkins
Librarian
Rochelle Township High School
(815)562-4161, ext. 4112
ajinkins at rthsd212.org

<https://www.credential.net/60ad1434-87f9-403b-bf5f-ecf7ce78cc9a?key=f264c123debcdde699a15e5ac5e7899cfe36f782dc32a9726fa783e332d7984d>
<https://www.credential.net/6d25c95d-d7c0-46af-9595-94f71c5229fe?key=46a1d4e6a888faa5d9918c482222a6d3780e42d854b0b57004e99b8c14b3f6e1>

<https://t.cred.ly/HypPLp1PHmdCIe3TSGEIGg,,$$$05szTMCX1c3R2VaX-PXcUwm_t-N21DTj0x4zn08e3JRRKbn2XJ44YknX8mdAPNj_fAjCN-6bOxrhR-BLJD8Il3R_6qplYxc8SAcirHPzbR0,?r=https%3A%2F%2Fcredly.com%2Fcredit%2F23508130&t=1597596265&c=sl>