[aisle] TumbleBooks

Michelle Harris harrism at husd4.org
Fri Dec 18 10:48:04 CST 2020

I had Tumblebooks for several years.  It was well-used, particularly by
teachers in younger grades.  But due to budget cuts this year I made the
decision to switch to epic (which is free).  epic isn't *quite *as good a
collection (in my opinion), but it other ways, teachers liked it better
(the alphabet sounds books got raves from Kindergarten). And teachers liked
the ease of making their own customized collections.  I do have eRead
Illinois also (excellent collection and very affordable), so I feel like I
still offer a good ebook collection.

Just my two cents (which is about all I have left in the budget this year!)

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 9:47 AM Melissa Lambert via AISLE <

> Hi All,
>
> Who has a subscription to TumbleBooks? I'm thinking of purchasing for my
> elementary and high schools.
>
> Does it get used? It seems like it is way more cost effective than
> purchasing ebooks and audiobooks through Follett or OverDrive.
>
> Thanks for any input you can provide.

Michelle Harris
District Librarian
Heyworth CUSD #4