[aisle] Local Subject Headings for LGBTQIA+ materials

Lauren Ochs lochs at ms.k12.il.us
Mon Feb 3 13:25:13 CST 2020

Hi all,

I am considering tagging all of our LGBTQIA+ materials in our catalog with a local subject heading versus creating resource lists within Destiny to make them a little bit easier to search in the catalog. Our students seem to do a catalog search but not check the resource lists, so I am hoping this may help materials be found a little more easily since some students may not want to ask me for help. If you have done something similar, I would love to know any insight you can provide, especially if you had any criteria for tagging or if you ran into any issues or pitfalls you had to work through that I should think about before getting started.

Thank you!

Ms. Lauren Ochs
Mahomet-Seymour High School Library
lochs at mscusd.org<mailto:lochs at mscusd.org>

AISLE Board Member - Budget
boardbudget at aisled.org<mailto:boardbudget at aisled.org>

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D5DA95.5CA44770]

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachment thereto is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s), and is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (18 USC 2510 et seq). It may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged within the meaning of applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.