[aisle] Interview questions FOR a principal

Lauren Ochs lochs at ms.k12.il.us
Fri Feb 7 09:26:33 CST 2020

I put the questions that I suggested to our Superintendent below when she asked for staff suggestions for our interview process last year. I believe the only one that was used from my suggestions was the third bullet point, and none of their answers really specifically address the librarian even though I was asking it and my name tag said I was the librarian, so maybe have a follow up question ready. I did end up with an awesome principal, though, so in the end, it didn’t matter that my job wasn’t addressed specifically. Someone showing they are open to new ideas and collaboration in general can be enough, and then you train them to know how great you are!

Possible Interview Questions:

·        What was the last book you read? Why did you choose it?

·        What is your vision for a future ready school library as part of the school community? How do you see school librarians contributing to student achievement?

·        How have you promoted or facilitated collaboration between teachers, departments, and/or faculty such as Guidance Counselors, Social Workers, Librarians, etc.?

·        What are some examples of how you have encouraged student voice in the academic process?

·        What is your vision for meaningful technology integration in the classroom in a 1:1 environment? What steps will you take to ensure your vision becomes reality?

·        How have you encouraged or incorporated digital citizenship skills in the curriculum? What digital citizenship skills do you feel are important for high school students to know?

Ms. Lauren Ochs
Mahomet-Seymour High School Library
lochs at mscusd.org<mailto:lochs at mscusd.org>

AISLE Board Member – Budget