[aisle] Dystopian book, no violence

Mary Clare O'Grady mary.o'grady at cusd200.org
Wed Feb 12 11:21:41 CST 2020

I would be careful about recommending * Life As We Knew It * to an
"ultra-conservative" student. Although there may not be violence, I recall
a rather creepy relationship that the protagonist's best friend, a teen
girl, develops with an older man.

*Memory Boy* by Will Weaver is another title that comes to my mind-- if
it's ok that the survival angle follows a natural disaster (as in *Life As
We Knew It*) rather than a governmental situation.

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 10:32 AM Christine Wilson via AISLE <

> *Life as we Knew It* by Susan Pfeffer? #2 and 3 in the series have some
> violence, but #1 is more philosophical.
>
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 10:24 AM Timmons, Heather via AISLE <
>
>> Hi there..
>>
>> I have an ultra conservative student.  Her 8th grade class is ready
>> Dystopian.  Her parents have requested she read a book in this genre but
>> with NO violence.  Any ideas?
>>

>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/
>> <https://www.aisled.org/>
>

> --
>
> 'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
> you have WebMD?'
>
> Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com
>

> Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
> Avon Center School
> 1617 N. Rt. 83
> Round Lake Beach, IL 60073
>

> *Home of the Novas *
>
> wilson.christine at d46.
> <http://wilson.christine@d46.k12.il.us>
> org
> @M
> <https://twitter.com/Christi98003919>
> rsWilson46

Mrs. Mary Clare O'Grady
Library Learning Center Director
Monroe Middle School
Wheaton-Warrenville CUSD 200

--

This electronic mail message may contain confidential and proprietary
information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,

Disclaimer