[aisle] Dystopian book, no violence

Katherine Contreras kcontreras at d64.org
Wed Feb 12 12:05:43 CST 2020

It doesn't quite fit the dystopian definition, but you might look into *Running
Out of Time *by Haddix.  It hits some of the similar aspects of the genre
and I don't recall any violence.  However, you may want to know the
family's viewpoints on vaccines before proceeding with this book.

Mrs. Katie Contreras
School Librarian
Emerson Middle School
Park Ridge-Niles SD 64

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 11:50 AM Emily Conradt via AISLE <

> Has anyone read The Firefly Code by Megan Frazer Blakemore? A reviewer on
> Amazon calls it "A very safe dystopia for the middle grade crowd" and
> claims there is no violence.
>
> Emily Conradt, Preschool Outreach Librarian
>
> St. Charles Public Library District
>
> One South Sixth Avenue                630-584-0076 ext. 279
>
> St. Charles, IL 60174                     econradt at stcharleslibrary.org
>
> Pronouns: she/her/hers
>

> *PLEASE NOTE: Pursuant to Illinois State Law, e-mail communication to and
> from this address may be subject to public disclosure. *

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail (or the person responsible for delivering this document to the
intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, printing or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments
thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please respond to the individual sending the message, permanently delete
the original and any copy of this e-mail, attachment, and any printout
thereof.