[aisle] students that graduate with overdue books

Michelle Harris harrism at husd4.org
Tue Feb 18 10:58:18 CST 2020

At my school, 8th graders cannot go on the class trip until they've
returned or paid for overdue books.  Otherwise, they are billed on the
following year's registration.
Seniors have to clear all outstanding fees (and I add overdue book fees 2
weeks prior to graduation) before they are allowed to walk in graduation.

I found that it was important to keep records so that I could show
administration how much we were losing each year by not having a policy in
place.  They were shocked and agreed that they would implement the
policies.  It has really helped!!

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 10:20 AM Seren Conner via AISLE <

> I am the librarian of a k-8 school district.  I am wondering what you guys
> do with students (8th or 12th) that graduate with overdue books.  Do you
> delete the books after a certian amount of time and replace the ones that
> are popular enough to warrant it?  Do you keep the records open
> indefinately?  I need help!
>
> Seren Conner, Ms.Ed.
> Teacher-Librarian
> Carbondale Middle School