[aisle] Battle of the Books Question

Margo Newtown mnewtown at lfschools.net
Tue Feb 18 12:35:08 CST 2020

Great Question.  I do use the Bluestem and do it with 4th only.  It is new
for them so maybe there is a bit of excitement for them.  Also, we compete
against the other two elementary schools in the middle school library which
is new and beautiful to get them excited to be going to the middle school
next year.  We hold it after school and parents need to get their kids
there.
We meet once a week during lunch/recess and food helps!  I bring in a
"dessert" - something simple and allergy free.
I bought a buzzer system to practice with and they seem to enjoy that!  We
practice as if it is the real thing...so they experience a bit of a
disappointment if they know they haven't read the books carefully enough to
answer the questions.
I have all the titles and pics of titles on sheets and as they come in,
they write their name down on the ones they have read.  From there, in the
next few weeks, we will create the teams based on who has read which books.
Hopefully that helps a bit...nothing too new for you.

--
Any communication sent or received by District 67 and/or District 115 is a
public record and may be subject to inspection or copying under the