[aisle] DuPage County Institute Day

Gretchen Broadus gbroadus at lisle202.org
Wed Jan 8 08:59:35 CST 2020

Good Morning,

I'm really sorry to tell you that I was unable to set a librarians
conference on DuPage County Institute Day this year. By the time I had the
confidence I could pull it off, and  got it approved by my district, the
person in charge at DuPage ROE told me that I had missed the application
deadline. Apparently, the deadline was October first. I contacted her mid
October. She was inflexible and unconcerned that we would not have a
session to attend.

I wish that I had been able to pull it off. Honestly, I'm a little
embarrassed about declaring that I would do it, and then wasn't able to.
Above all, I really wanted us to have a place to go.  I am willing to try
again next year, if no one else is willing or able. Now I know more about
the application process, and also might have more support from within my
district.

*Gretchen Broadus*
Lisle Junior High - LRC Director

*"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original
dimensions."* - Oliver Wendell Holmes

--
This is a staff email account managed by Lisle Community Unit School
District 202.  This email and any files transmitted with it are