[aisle] Career research resources for 7th grade

Tedesco, Melissa tedescom at oths.us
Wed Jan 8 13:35:25 CST 2020

As far as websites go, I like Career OneStop and the Occupational Outlook Handbook. Both use information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Career OneStop has some assessments and both have text, graphs, and videos.

https://www.careeronestop.org/
[https://www.careeronestop.org//TridionMultimedia/tcm24-21806_85446658-Diverse-Architect-and-Construction-Workers.jpg]<https://www.careeronestop.org/>
Careers and Career Information - CareerOneStop<https://www.careeronestop.org/>
Learn about careers, find career information, and locate career resources and advice with CareerOneStop.
www.careeronestop.org
https://www.bls.gov/ooh/
[https://www.bls.gov/images/bls_emblem.png]<https://www.bls.gov/ooh/>
Home : Occupational Outlook Handbook: : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics<https://www.bls.gov/ooh/>
The Occupational Outlook Handbook is the government's premier source of career guidance featuring hundreds of occupations—such as carpenters, teachers, and veterinarians. Revised annually, the latest version contains employment projections for the 2018-28 decade.
www.bls.gov
Illinois Career Information Systems also has some relevant information for students, and you can get students through the log in if you use the IL Residents tab.
https://portal.ilcis.intocareers.org/
Illinois Career Information System | Home<https://portal.ilcis.intocareers.org/>
Start by selecting the version you want to use. From your version of CIS set up My CIS Portfolio. Then you'll have your own username and password to enter in the ILCIS Login next time.
portal.ilcis.intocareers.org

Melissa Tedesco

O'Fallon Township High School

Milburn IMC C​oordinator & Information Literacy Instructor

(618) 622-9647 x 642      tedescom at oths.us<mailto:tedescom at oths.us>

Currently Reading:

[Book Cover]<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/3565170?utm_medium=cover&utm_source=email_signature>