[aisle] External: Looking for an Author

Matheis, Bonnie BMatheis at ILSOS.GOV
Wed Jan 8 11:12:00 CST 2020

Hi Amy!

Also check out the 2020 Illinois READS list below, as well as the past lists at the Illinois READS website<http://www.illinoisreads.org/>. Illinois READS is a reading program offered under the auspices of the Illinois Reading Council. Illinois Reads, highlights six books at six different reading levels from birth through adult that are created by authors and/or illustrators who currently reside in or who have lived in Illinois.

Also, there is always a FREE Book Festival to officially kick-off Illinois READS each spring. This Festival is held in different parts of the state each year. This year, the Festival will be held at Illinois Valley Community College in Oglesby on March 14 from 10-2.  At the Festivals, the majority of authors are in attendance to host programs and sign books. So, you might want to start making arrangements to attend now and to let your families know. School buses are always welcome!

2020 Illinois READS List
Ages Birth – 4 Years
Bear’s Scare by Jacob Grant
Beware! by Bob Raczka, illustrated by Larry Day
Chinese New Year Colors by Rich Lo
Mermaid Dreams by Kate Pugsley
Peekity Boo-What You Can Do! by Heidi Bee Roemer
Pick a Pumpkin by Patricia Toht

Grades K-2
Jasper & Ollie by Alex Willan
Just Read! by Lori Degman
My Teacher is a Robot by Jeffrey Brown
Oak Leaf by John Sandford
Sofia Valdez, Future Prez by Andrea Beaty
This is How I Do It: One Day in the Life of You and 59 Real Kids from Around the World by Matt Lamothe

Grades 3-5
Cape—The League of Secret Heroes, Book One by Kate Hannigan
Captain Superlative! by J.S. Puller
The Peculiar Incident on Shady Street by Lindsay Currie
The Superlative A. Lincoln: Poems About Our 16th President by Eileen R. Meyer
Time Castaways #1: The Mona Lisa Key by Liesl Shurtliff
Weird Little Robots by Carolyn Crimi

Grades 6-8
Fireborne by Rosaria Munda
Ninja: Get Good: My Ultimate Guide to Gaming by Tyler Blevins
Powers in Action, Volume 1: The Hero Squadron! by Art Baltazar
Robert E. Lee: The Man, the Soldier, the Myth by Brandon Marie Miller
Strange Birds: A Field Guide to Ruffling Feathers by Celia C. Pérez
Windy City Magic, Book 1: The Best Kind of Magic by Crystal Cestari

Grades 9-12
All That I Can Fix by Crystal Chan
Sorry for Your Loss by Jessie Ann Foley
The Waking Forest by Alyssa Wees
Thirteen Doorways, Wolves Behind Them All by Laura Ruby
Verify by Joelle Charbonneau
We Speak in Storms by Natalie Lund

Adult
An American Summer: Love and Death in Chicago by Alex Kotlowitz
The Boat Runner: A Novel by Devin Murphy
Midwest Made: Big, Bold Baking from the Heartland by Shauna Sever
Monument: Poems New and Selected by Natasha Trethewey
Radio Flyer: 100 Years of America’s Little Red Wagon by Robert Pasin
The Vanishing Man: A Charles Lenox Mystery by Charles Finch

Bonnie Matheis
Coordinator, Illinois Center for the Book

Illinois Center for the Book
Illinois State Library
Gwendolyn Brooks Building
300 South Second Street
Springfield, Illinois 62701

Office: 217-558-2065
Fax: 217-782-1877

*NEW email address: bmatheis at ilsos.gov<mailto:bmatheis at ilsos.gov>

Jesse White, Secretary of State and State Librarian

https://cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/library/center_for_the_book<http://cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/library/center_for_the_book/home.html>