[aisle] special programming for finals week?

Caroline Fox Anvick foxc at unit5.org
Thu Jan 9 08:43:06 CST 2020

We do "De-Stress December" the week before finals. I had a person lead
mindfulness meditation sessions during lunch and had some make and take
crafts set out (students could make their own "stress balls" using balloons
and flour, and origami book marks), tips posted around the room about
minimizing stress and study tips provided by the school nurse and some
teachers. Sometimes I put out big bowls of bubblegum since chewing gum can
relieve stress. :) I set out coloring pages and crayons one year - this was
such a huge hit that I now keep a supply of coloring sheets, colored
pencils and markers permanently out for students to access. I really would
like to get an emotional support dog to come in to visit, but never got
around to organizing that. :) I think if you contact Petco, they have staff
specifically trained to work with support animals and can bring them to
schools.
Good luck!

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 7:36 AM Confer, Mary Anne via AISLE <