[aisle] Monday's Not Coming questions

Caitlin Greener caigre at d219.org
Thu Jan 9 08:45:16 CST 2020

Our student Book Club writes their own discussion questions. Here's what
our students came up with:

Monday’s Not Coming Discussion Questions

Claudia is terrified of people finding out about her learning disability.
Why do you think she would rather hide her disability than get help?

In what ways is Claudia a reliable narrator? In what ways is she unreliable?

What did you think of the timeline and the way the chapters were labeled?
How did this shape the way you interpreted the story?

How does homophobia play a role in Claudia’s relationships with others?

How are Claudia and Monday dependent on one another? Does their close
friendship have positive or negative effects on them?

The author was inspired by the many black girls that go missing each year
and are never found. What institutions and systems portrayed in the book
fail Monday when given a chance to help? How might these systems be fixed?

April is often slut shamed by other characters in the book. What do you
think of April’s choice to have sex for money?

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 9:06 AM Lala Lala via AISLE <

> Hello All!
>
> I am going to be moderating a Book Club meeting today at our high school.
> We all read *Monday's Not Coming* by Tiffany Jackson.
>
> Just wondering if anyone already has a list of questions to discuss?
>
> Thanks!
> Lori
>
> --
> Lori McGreal
> Trinity High School librarian
> lmcgreal at trinityhs.org
> 1-708-453-9340

*Caitlin Greener*
Librarian, Niles North High School
<https://north.niles-hs.libguides.com/friendly.php?s=nnlibrary>
847-626-2182
*  I'm reading:    I'm listening to:  Book Club is reading:*
<https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35356378-only-child>
<https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/43723509-slay>
<https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15839984-cruel-beauty>