[aisle] Technology Budget

Melissa Reece mreece85 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 09:27:49 CST 2020

Hello Everyone,

I am a prospective librarian looking for suggestions and guidance on how to
spend a technology budget.  Our elementary school is allocated $800 for
technology.  To provide some background, we are currently 1:1 in most grade
levels.  We have older iPad's and Chromebooks available for checkout for
those that are not 1:1.  I would like to offer more opportunities for
teachers to check out various types of technology (perhaps I'll call it
"Tech it Out").  One idea I am considering is VR.

For those that are experienced with VR, I am looking for recommendations on
devices.  A couple questions I have include:

1) Do I purchase full headsets or viewers that can be used with other
devices?
2) What VR technology do you have in your school, and what do you think
about it?

I am also considering green screen kits and eventually coding robots.

I would appreciate any input that you can offer.

Have a great weekend,
Melissa