[aisle] World History Read-Aloud for 9th grade

Meyer, Gail GMeyer at tfd215.org
Mon Jan 13 15:32:11 CST 2020

Collective Brain,

A 9th grade World History teacher has been reading “Sugar Changed The World” by Marc Aronson to her classes. It’s worked out well for her, length-of-chapter-wise, and has held the student’s attention. She’s looking for another book to read out loud to them, a chapter or section a day, as they’re almost done with Sugar.  It can be almost any non-fiction topic. She said they’re kind of tired of World Wars I and II right now. A few asked for maybe something for Black History Month, but not about slavery.  I was thinking “We are not yet Equal” by Carol Anderson but I’m not completely sold on it. Does anyone have any other suggestions for us?

Gail Meyer, Librarian
TF South High School
(708) 585-2197
gmeyer at tfd215.org<mailto:gmeyer at tfd215.org>