[aisle] professional readings / texts

Christine Wilson wilson.christine at d46.org
Tue Jan 21 10:13:47 CST 2020

A popular one in our collection is *Teach Like a Pirate* by Dave Burgess

Ones we've used in PDGs: *Making Content Comprehensible for Elementary
English Learners* by Jana Echevarria
*Visible Learning for Teachers* by John Hattie
*How to Create a Culture of Achievement* by Douglas Fisher

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 3:31 PM Gail Komarek via AISLE <

> ELL Teacher's Toolbox by Larry Ferlazzo
>
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 2:19 PM Confer, Mary Anne via AISLE <
>
>> Hello librarian hivemind,
>>
>> My principal is looking to purchase professional texts that would be
>> available for staff to borrow from the library. I was wondering if you had
>> some suggestions of great professional reads.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> MaryAnne Confer
>> Librarian and Writing Center Director
>> Pronouns: <https://www.glsen.org/article/pronouns-resource-educators>
>>  she/her
>> *lmsalibrary.weebly.com/ <https://lmsalibrary.weebly.com/>*
>> Writing Center appointment form
>> <http://lindblomwritingcenter.weebly.com/appointments.html>
>> Lindblom Math and Science Academy
>>

>> *Sept. - Dec. 2019 Statistics*
>>
>> 1417 items checked out
>>
>> 12,219 student library visits
>>
>> 75 Writing Center tutoring sessions
>>

>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/
>

> --
> Gail Komarek
> Windsor LMC Director
> gkomarek at sd25.org
> @windsorlmc
> Windsor LMC <http://windsorlmc.weebly.com>
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message is intended only for the person
> to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
> material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
> sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. If
> you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communications
> through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
Avon Center School