[aisle] Professional Book Review: Disrupting Thinking: Why How We Read Matters

Moreillon, Judith Lynn jlmore at illinois.edu
Tue Jan 28 00:11:44 CST 2020

Dear AISLE Colleagues,

Today, I published a professional book review of Disrupting Thinking: Why How We Read Matters by Kylene Beers and Robert E. Probst (Scholastic 2017).

In this book, Beers and Probst propose the Book/Head/Heart approach to help students comprehend the texts they read. One of the strengths of Disrupting Thinking is that the authors make a strong case for readers learning to enter into nonfiction and informational texts as deeply as they have been taught to live through fictional texts.

You can read my review at: https://tinyurl.com/sllblog012720

Best,
Judi

Judi Moreillon, M.L.S., Ph.D.
Adjunct Associate Professor
2019 Scholastic Library Publishing Award
jlmore at illinois.edu<mailto:jlmore at illinois.edu>

School of Information Sciences
[https://webtools.illinois.edu/webservices/js/ds/signature_logo.png]<http://illinois.edu/>