[aisle] Books that incorporate social media for a readaloud.

Marsha Stewart mstewart at anconaschool.org
Tue Jan 28 12:52:31 CST 2020

dear Matt,

Try this one:

Click'd
2017Stone, Tamara Ireland
Allie Navarro can't wait to show her best friends the app she built at
CodeGirls summer camp. CLICK'D pairs users based on common interests and
sends them on a fun (and occasionally rule-breaking) scavenger hunt to find
each other. And it's a hit. By the second day of school, everyone is
talking about CLICK'D. Watching her app go viral is amazing. Leaderboards
are filling up! Everyone's making new friends. And with all the data Allie
is collecting, she has an even better shot at beating her archenemy,
Nathan, at the upcoming youth coding competition. But when Allie discovers
a glitch that threatens to expose everyone's secrets, she has to figure out
how to make things right, even if that means sharing the computer lab with
Nathan. Can Allie fix her app, stop it from doing any more damage, and win
back the friends it hurt--all before she steps on stage to present CLICK'D
to the judges?

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 3:36 PM Smolka, Matt via AISLE <

> Hi,
> We are looking for a SEL read aloud that that incorporates digital
> citizenship messages into the story.  Something that might include social
> media use and or abuse in the conflict.  We are looking for titles
> appropriate for grades 3-8.  Some titles we've looked at include *Posted *and
> *One of Us is Lying.*
>
> Anything else the hive mind could suggest would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Matt Smolka, MLIS MAED
> Glencoe Central School CLC Director
>

> This e-mail message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Board of Education of Glencoe School District. It is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

*Marsha Stewart*
*Librarian*

The Ancona School <http://www.anconaschool.org/>

4770 S. Dorchester Ave.

Chicago, IL 60615

mstewart at anconaschool.org <frede at anconaschool.org>

--

 <http://anconaschool.org>

4770 S. Dorchester • Chicago IL 60615
P:
773.924.2356 F: 773.924.8905
anconaschool.org <http://anconaschool.org>
<https://twitter.com/theanconaschool>
<https://www.facebook.com/The-Ancona-School-186226609670/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain
information that is privileged or confidential. If you are the intended
recipient, please read and then delete this email and any attachments. If
you are not the intended recipient, please delete the email and any
attachments and notify the sender immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this
email. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure,
error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions that arise as a result.​