[aisle] Database Lesson Ideas

Oakley, Judy joakley at quincynotredame.org
Wed Jan 29 11:04:31 CST 2020

How about sharing the responses with the listserv? I am sure others have
the same situation.

Thanks,
Judy Oakley
Quincy Notre Dame Library
Quincy, IL

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 10:58 AM Michele Whisenhunt via AISLE <

> Ditto!
>
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 10:47 AM library marian via AISLE <
>
>> My students find it boring also.  They zone out, and afterwards make many
>> mistakes because they weren't paying attention.  I would love to hear about
>> a better way also!
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 10:27 AM Kari S via AISLE <
>> aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>>
>>> I am in need to of some engaging ideas for Database & Citation lessons.
>>> Right now I just don't think what I'm doing is very engaging. I struggle
>>> because I'm just not sure how to show students how the databases work,
>>> where to click, how to find citations, etc. without the basic lecture style
>>> but I know it's dry and boring. I'd love to find a way to teach the
>>> content without being incredibly boring 😂
>>>
>>> Any suggestions? Thanks!
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Kari Stevenson*
>>>
>>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>>
>>> https://www.aisled.org/
>>

>> --
>>
>> *Karen Varga*
>> *Librarian,** Marian Central Catholic H. S.*
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/
>

> --
> Michele Whisenhunt
> Librarian, Southeast Elementary School
> Sycamore, IL
>
> NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email
> transmission is confidential information which may contain information that
> is privileged. The information is intended solely for the use of the
> individual or entity named above. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail
> or any attachment, or any information contained therein, by any other
> person is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
> hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any
> action in reliance on the contents of this email transmission is strictly
> prohibited. If you have received this email transmission in error, please
> return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your computer. Although
> we attempt to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, we do not guarantee
> that either are virus-free and accept no liability for any damage from
> viruses.MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG

*This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are strictly privileged and
confidential, intended only for the use of the intended recipient. If you
are not the intended recipient or responsible for delivering this e-mail to
the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
copying of this e-mail and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please delete it immediately from your
system, and notify me of this error by emailing me at
*qndmail at quincynotredame.org <mailto:qndmail at quincynotredame.org>.*** While
Quincy Notre Dame High School (QND) and the Quincy Notre Dame Foundation
make every effort to ensure sent emails are safe and free from viruses, we
cannot be held responsible for any damage caused by content or attachments.
The user assumes all responsibility for any loss or damage resulting
directly or indirectly from the use of this email and any attached files.*