[aisle] Checking books out from a cart in the classroom

DB Librarian butterscotchlibrarian at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 15:33:51 CDT 2020

Hello,

It appears my district (my school is K-4) will be sending specials teachers
into classrooms.  I have brought books on a cart before to a classroom for
checkout.

What I'm having trouble with is how to have them browse the books without
touching every book.

I'm not sure how much access they will have to their classroom libraries so
I am trying to  give them as much choice as I can (knowing that I'm the one
that selected the books to go on the cart in the first place).

I've also been thinking through ways for them to see the books I have and
various ways to put them on hold.

I've seen ideas where they select a topic, but I don't think that that
makes it broad enough.  Picture books don't always fall into a "topic".
They are just a good story.

Anyway, hopefully I'm making sense.  Feel free to email directly if you'd
like.

Thank you,
Danielle