[aisle] Plans

Michelle Harris harrism at husd4.org
Mon Jul 13 17:25:30 CDT 2020

Wow!  Lots of space!  Time to put on your thinking cap and brainstorm ways
that cleaning can be accomplished.  I was thinking about the same things
this week and so far my idea is to have a hand sanitizer station as
students enter the library (so we all start with clean hands) and then
HandyWipes (easily re-usuable!) handed to each student who cleans his/her
own chair and table space as he/she sits down. Littles would need verbal
guidance (same as they do for any routine).   Library aide will be in
charge of keeping the circ desk clean and we're thinking of a plexiglass
partition or even a clear shower curtain at the circ desk as needed.

I am also thinking about letting students take an abundance of library
books home (10 picture books...5 chapter books?) so that visits don't have
to be so frequent.  ???

It is challenging to think about the ramifications of all these decisions!
(But I still think that "no library" and/or "no library books" is NOT an
option that should be considered!  💟📚😷

I am benefitting from everyone on the listserve sharing ideas and plans! It
helps clarify my own thoughts.

Michelle

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 4:59 PM Kulesza, Patti via AISLE <

> Hi Michelle! I had hoped I would be able to do these things. My library is
> 4000 sq. Feet. We have tons of space to split the classes into small
> groups, social distance etc. I think they are worried about the cleaning
> sanitizing piece. I am ok going on wheels. Again they are worried about
> checkouts and the social distancing, sanitizing. I guess we will see this
> week!
> Patty K.
>
> On Mon, Jul 13, 2020, 4:44 PM Michelle Harris via AISLE <
>
>> Hey Patty,
>> No wonder you are feeling stressed!  Will you have an opportunity to
>> advocate for allowing book check-out in alternative ways such as book
>> check-out in classrooms, making online requests, etc?  I'm planning to
>> "take my show on the road" and bring the library to the students as much as
>> possible.  Would your school be open to ideas like that from you? Contact
>> Advocacy at AISLED to get some back-up and encouragement!
>>
>> Good luck!
>>
>> Michelle Harris
>> Heyworth
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 9:50 AM Kulesza, Patti via AISLE <
>> aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>>
>>> Good morning! I fear we will not be using our library this first 9
>>> weeks. No changing classes, no book checkouts. Waiting to hear this week. I
>>> am trying to stay positive. Feeling stressed.
>>> Patty k.
>>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>>
>>> https://www.aisled.org/
>>

>> --