[aisle] Uplifting Short Stories for reading level 1-6

dsmma at frontiernet.net dsmma at frontiernet.net
Tue Jul 21 15:11:54 CDT 2020

Here are some of my favorites that I think they might enjoy:
Testing the Ice: aTrue Story about Jackie Robinson by Sharon Robinson

Pop! : the Inventionof Bubble Gum by Meghan McCarthy

Earmuffs for Everyone!: How Chester Greenwood Became Known as the Inventor of Earmuffs by MeghanMCCarthy

Mudball by MattTavares

Crossing Niagara: theDeath-Defying Tightrope Adventures of the Great Blondin by Matt Tavares

The Man Who WalkedBetween the Towers by Mordicai Gerstein

Lousy, Rotten, Stinkin’Grapes by Margie Palantini

Bokuden and the Bully:a Japanese Folktale by Stephen Krensky

The Brave Servant: aTale from China by Suzanne Barchers

Poop: a NaturalHistory of the Unmentionable by Nicola Davies

Shaquille O’Nealby Ross Bernstein

The “You Wouldn’t Want to …” are all great books and coverso many different interests

Peggy Burton, Retired School Librarian2671 N. 800 East Rd.  Moweaqua, IL 62550