[aisle] Reopening plans

Karrie Fisher kfisher at district31.net
Tue Jul 21 17:12:22 CDT 2020

Our plans for my library classes fall in with the other special's classes.
This is what it looks like:

   - Rotating schedule each week that includes one class from each grade -
   K - 5.  (Week 1 - Group 1, Week 2 - Group 2, etc.)  This means I will see
   groups of classes on a four-five week rotation depending on how many
   sections we have for each grade.  Having classes everyday means I'll get
   an equivalent of five weeks of lessons done in one week.  This also means
   that for four or five weeks, I'm teaching the same content each week.
   - Travel to the classrooms on carts everyday.
   - Classes have been reduced from 50 minutes/week to 30 minutes/day.  Now
   I will be teaching each grade for 2.5 hours week.
   - Interestingly, this protocol gives me an hour of planning time per day
   as opposed to last year when I had 15 minutes/day.  Two consecutive hours
   with my lunch.

Of course this is fluid and could change at a moment's notice.  But so far
that's it.

I'm allowed to configure the details of what and how I will do things for
the rest of the school, i.e., getting books into the hands of the kids who
do not have my class for weeks.  Luckily I work for a district that is
willing to take my lead on this.  Now I need to start planning!!

Happily Ever After,

Karrie Fisher
LMC Director
Teacher Librarian

*Click HERE <http://district31.follettdestiny.com> for the Winkelman
Library Card Catalog*

Winkelman School
1919 Landwehr Road
Glenview, IL  60026

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 9:06 AM Kulesza, Patti via AISLE <