[aisle] Stop Spreading the (mis-informed) News!

Lou Ann Jacobs louajcbs at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 10:12:09 CDT 2020

The web is full of news. Most of it especially on social media is seriously
wrong, And that is the problem. Even the best of us can forward or Like an
entry that is incorrect. If we the professionals in information literacy
can err, how about our students and the public at large?

I am sharing an article from the Washington Post that I found very good on
this topic. Maybe you can use the suggestions in your teaching or share
with that aunt or friend who is always sending you stuff they find on the
web that is wrong.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/06/05/stop-spreading-misinformation/

Lou Ann Jacobs
Retired High School Librarian