[aisle] Admin Academy #1900: Facilitating Student Learning Through the Library - LAKE COUNTY ROE

Georgeann Burch georgeannb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 14:57:28 CST 2020

*Comments from recent participants:*
*"I am refreshed!  You start to get weighed down from all the stress but
this (workshop) has helped renew my passion to my "why."*
*"I feel like my thinking has been more focused, especially when it comes
to my own school library media program and what action I need to take."*
*"I have not really looked at Linking For Learning standards in many
years.  This workshop helped me see them as accessible and a tool I can use
to improve my teaching."*

If you haven't had a chance to attend the popular PD
workshop: "Facilitating Student Learning Through the Library" now is your
chance!  Lake County Regional Office is hosting the workshop on Tuesday,
April 7 from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.  This all day workshop will increase
awareness of the impact that an effective library program can have on the
school's culture of learning and will provide a practical framework for
identifying specific strategies for school library improvement to support a
district's mission and vision. Participants will use Linking for Learning:
The Illinois School Library Standards, 4th ed. to complete a
self-assessment of their leadership role and an action plan to impact
student learning through the school library.

The course can be taken for Administrators' Academy credit, so please
inform your administrators of this opportunity. However, it can also be
taken for 7 PDH by librarians or interested educators. Discussion and
activities will add to your toolbox of communication strategies with your
stakeholders, as well as help you focus on ways to strengthen your library
program.

*Registration information is at:*

http://www.roe34workshops.org/webreg/course.php?recid=3074

Questions?  Ask co-presenters  Georgeann Burch (georgeannb at gmail.com) or