[aisle] [CPS Libraries] plaigiarism policy and prevention

Carroll, Ronald rcarroll2 at cps.edu
Tue Mar 3 14:29:30 CST 2020

Has anyone tried out the new Originality Reports
<https://edu.google.com/products/originality/?modal_active=none> in Google
Classroom? I have only glanced at it, but I would be very interested to
hear any thoughts or feedback around that, as well.

-Ron

*Ron Carroll | **Manager of Instructional Technology*

Department of Curriculum, Instruction, and Digital Learning

Chicago Public Schools

<https://www.credential.net/fvcjya1p?key=f15b0d641b7bebf97b9e761ee9b7b5efc381ce4d8bcc0baa56698588246bbc17>

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 1:01 PM Porter, Emily <eeoddo at cps.edu> wrote:

> The webinar talks about how she came up with a badge system after they
> completed screencasts and gave physical feedback on paper bibliographies. I
> have something similar in my google classroom for Curie Media Center. I run
> all of my orientations through here. If you want, I can add you as a
> student if you want to look around and see what the kids see.... let me
> know if you want the class code so you can join.
>
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 12:53 PM Confer, Mary Anne <mopysson at cps.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Thank you so much! That's super helpful.
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 12:49 PM Porter, Emily <eeoddo at cps.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> We are developing this system at Curie. Building skills 9-12 takes time.
>>> This year, I am focusing on 9th grade research/orientation/standards based
>>> grading with many SS teachers. I have an ad hoc group of civics/us
>>> history/CTE-IB strand that I teach because they have a research project
>>> requirement that includes using the media center to conduct research.
>>>
>>> I have been watching webinars hosted on edweb around this topic. There
>>> is a speaker who focuses on HS Media centers, but all of her practice
>>> doesn't totally fit all that Curie studnets have to complete, especially
>>> around the IBDP. I suggest  checking it out when you have a chance because
>>> it does help frame what you are talking about - in a little bit of a
>>> hectic way - but good ideas there. You can register here for the next one
>>> in her series. https://media.edweb.net/edWebinar/?view=20200122edweb2

>>> --
>>> Emily Porter, Librarian
>>> Curie High School