[aisle] Consider applying for an LBSS Readers’ Choice grant!

LBSS AISLE lbss at aisled.org
Fri Mar 6 15:28:09 CST 2020

Ahhhhhh!  Your students have voted for their FAVORITE Readers’ Choice
book.  You’ve compiled and submitted the votes, and everyone is waiting to
hear about the state winners.  Now you can sit back with a cup of tea and
congratulate yourself on a great Readers’ Choice year.  But as you sit and
sip, you’re thinking “but what if we’d…” and “that didn’t work too well,
but maybe we could…”  There’s always something new to try.

 The end of one Readers’ Choice year signals the beginning of the NEXT
one!  And we hope that an LBSS grant application is part of your thinking.
The window for applying for a Readers’ Choice grant for the 2021 year opens
soon (March 16), and the LBSS Board hopes you’ll consider applying to win a
complete set of titles for one of the Readers’ Choice programs.  Details
are available at *https://www.lbssfund.org/ <https://www.lbssfund.org/>*.
Please make sure to read everything carefully and check that you’ve
answered all questions before you submit your application.  Grant readers
can only score grants based on what you’ve told them, so be thorough!  Both
school and public libraries are eligible for this grant.

 A question that surfaces frequently involves being officially registered
for the Readers’ Choice program.  You’ve just finished (or are finishing)
voting for the 2020 title, and you’ll be applying for the 2021 Readers’
Choice year.  The grant deadline is April 30 and you must be registered for
the 2021 Readers’ Choice program by then.

LBSS looks forward to reading YOUR grant application!