[aisle] Online Resources for Home

Flaherty, Megan MFlaherty at maercker.org
Mon Mar 9 14:07:39 CDT 2020

This was also shared in an instructional coach list-serve I am on and has a ton of information: http://bit.ly/plantoclose
Megan Flaherty-Handoyo
Westview Hills Middle School

From: AISLE <aisle-bounces at list.railslibraries.info> On Behalf Of Kari S via AISLE
Sent: Monday, March 9, 2020 11:30 AM
To: AISLE-Share: Association of Illinois School Library Educators discussion list <aisle at list.railslibraries.info>
Cc: Kari S <klf.stevenson at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [aisle] Online Resources for Home

Thank you Michelle!

On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 at 10:09, Michelle Harris via AISLE <aisle at list.railslibraries.info<mailto:aisle at list.railslibraries.info>> wrote:
Here is a message (and links) from one of my favorite bloggers, Richard Byrne:

The impact of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on schools is on everyone's mind right now. I've had lots of people email and Tweet me in the last ten days asking about ideas and resources for teaching online if their schools are closed due to the virus.

Last week I spent about ten minutes offering some suggestions on my podcast<https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/68uxzl58pb8hnze3gfo/wnh2hgh344k2k8/aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcmljaGFyZC1ieXJuZTgvZXBpc29kZXMvVGhlLVByYWN0aWNhbC1FZC1UZWNoLVBvZGNhc3QtLS1FcGlzb2RlLTM2LS0tVGVhY2hpbmctT25saW5lLWViYjZoZA==> and I wrote a blog post with some suggestions for teaching remotely. That blog post was popular and I got a lot of requests for making it into a PDF for easy printing. That's exactly what I've done for this week's newsletter.

Tips and Tools for Teaching Remotely is broken into four sections. Those sections are Tips for Giving Live Online Instruction, Tips for Giving Recorded Online Instruction, Tools for Hosting Live Online Instruction, and Tools for Creating Recorded Video Lessons. Within the handout (available here as a PDF<https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/68uxzl58pb8hnze3gfo/0vuwh9hkxx969n/aHR0cHM6Ly9kb3dubG9hZC5maWxla2l0Y2RuLmNvbS9kL2JtakJKNzNYc3BKU241N0tmZFBqRHUvZXRXTW5Yd3FmeVhMWGcyY0Z0a0JM> and here as a Google Doc<https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/68uxzl58pb8hnze3gfo/grie5xeds5hknnl8l9/aHR0cHM6Ly9kb2NzLmdvb2dsZS5jb20vZG9jdW1lbnQvZC9lLzJQQUNYLTF2UTRzR3dOUTJKRVYtREFQSURJdXk3VWh4VUVyRVA4SW92aWxoU0ZBUFRPWnhNcFdDeEVad01aZUt6Ri1hZDF0dF9DazdXU0ZpdldqYVdzL3B1Yg==>) I've included links to tutorials like this one for using Google Hangouts Meet<https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/68uxzl58pb8hnze3gfo/egfph7h2eel3lg/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZnJlZXRlY2g0dGVhY2hlcnMuY29tLzIwMjAvMDMvaG93LXRvLXNjaGVkdWxlLWhvc3QtYW5kLWN1c3RvbWl6ZS5odG1s> and this one for using Zoom<https://el2.convertkit-mail.com/c/68uxzl58pb8hnze3gfo/o9tkhqh7nn6m6m/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3V0dS5iZS8zV0JwWUNMTG55NA==> to host live online instruction. The handout also includes some reminders like "remember to put your webcam at eye level or higher so students aren't looking up your nose for an hour."

I hope that you find this handout helpful and I encourage you to share it with your colleagues as needed by either printing it, emailing it, or posting it on your school's website.