[aisle] scheduling calendar

Holtz, Alan C. (BMS) holtzac at vvsd.org
Fri Mar 13 12:06:28 CDT 2020

Heather,

I use Google Sheets too. It is the same spreadsheet that once upon a time long ago I would print out and copy. Here’s what we use to coordinate our shared rooms and the library. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ICwmyM6_aibIDDq9QkEmuoBZAnt8P9w_lpIUkbMwf6s/edit?usp=sharing

Each sheet is a different day. Each column is a room. Each row is the timeslot. When a cell is grayed out, that means I am working with that class. If a row is blue or pink, I’m at lunch or my aide. I also use notes and comments to communicate. I even use conditional formatting, so it automatically emails me when certain teachers sign up. A few teachers even hyperlink assignment via Google Docs, so we can collaborate.

Sincerely,

Alan, Librarian serving Brooks Middle School

"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks about education."
- Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education