[aisle] [EXTERNAL EMAIL] Fave free online book sites?

Kraft, Carolyn CarolynKraft at sd54.k12.il.us
Sun Mar 15 12:54:13 CDT 2020

Can you reach out to the public library to see if they can grant temporary access to their online collection? It could result in more people taking the time to get library cards once the threat has passed.

We just started creating collections in our district and schools do not have access to materials purchased by other buildings so our selections are extremely limited.

https://www.katemessner.com/read-wonder-and-learn-favorite-authors-illustrators-share-resources-for-learning-anywhere-spring-2020/?fbclid=IwAR0ulInPesMck0mTEEVJaXEUA2K1B5xt4Tf80-lGJ1q_K2rP3z8PfSL2ud4

This site was shared on FB group and while it doesn't give access to entire books, it does connect kids with authors which is pretty cool. I don't think I'll share the site, rather push out a link or two each day.

I'm also working on a Bingo board that encourages reading websites, cookbooks and how to books that might be in their houses, and rereading books they have at home. I'm open to additional ideas for the board if anyone reading this has some. 😊

Just a few thoughts,

Carolyn

Library Teacher
Lincoln Prairie School