[aisle] PRH E-books News

Mary Witt mary.witt at railslibraries.info
Tue Mar 17 14:13:19 CDT 2020

Sharing information about a temporary (90-day) discount from Penguin Random House on e-book and audio book  titles sold through wholesalers to school and public libraries. See below.

Mary Witt
Communications Director
Reaching Across Illinois Library System
Burr Ridge Office
Phone: 630.734.5124
Fax: 630.734.5050
mary.witt at railslibraries.info<mailto:mary.witt at railslibraries.info>
https://www.railslibraries.info

To make you aware:

[mid:d6b1a4e6e9b8055e466428cc435f4950372eecc84285c998bb4e0bd97effff2a at getboxer.com/image001.png at 01CF7FE3.3A9E4B70]

 MEDIA STATEMENT
Contact:
Claire von Schilling, Penguin Random House
212-782-9876; cvonschilling at penguinrandomhouse.com<mailto:cvonschilling at penguinrandomhouse.com>

PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE SETS INTERIM DISCOUNTED DIGITAL-BOOK LIBRARY PROGRAM FOR ONLINE PATRONS, EDUCATORS, AND STUDENTS

(New York, March 17, 2020)—To further encourage book reading, especially among students, and to support school and public libraries that are closed with the escalating CV-19 outbreak, Penguin Random House will discount the prices of the e-book and audio book  titles sold through wholesalers to these institutions. This discounting begins immediately and will be in effect for a 90-day period.

“In this time of unprecedented disruption, Penguin Random House wants to continue and to expand our unwavering commitment to public and school libraries the best way we know how: by making our books more accessible for educators and students, especially those engaged in remote learning, and to library patrons everywhere,” said Skip Dye, Senior Vice President, Library Sales & Digital Strategy, Penguin Random House.

Penguin Random House sells its books to libraries through wholesalers, who have been provided with a 90-day temporary-pricing model for its accounts.

All Penguin Random House and DK adult and children’s fiction and nonfiction e-book and digital audio titles are eligible for this program.

#  #  #

I want you to be aware of temporary change to our e-content terms which has been sent to our various digital wholesalers. These are the terms. That are effective as soon as it is possible for the wholesalers to launch them. If you’d like to forward to your group after 1:00 p.m. EDT today, you may.

1-Year Access

Format

1 Year Access (eBook)

1 Year Access (Downloadable Audiobook)

Model

Timed Access

Timed Access

Access

1 year

1 year

Pricing

50% of Standard Wholesale Library Price (USD, CAD) – Aggregator to calculate and apply

50% of Standard Wholesale Library Price (USD, CAD) – Aggregator to calculate and apply

Discount

Standard terms apply

Standard terms apply

Territory

US, CA, INT'L

US, CA, INT'L

Titles

PRH US, PRH CA, & DK

PRH US, PRH CA, & DK

Use

School library & public library

School library & public library

Reporting

Use current account #(s)

Use current account #(s)

Pay Per Circ

Format

Pay Per Circ (ebook)

Pay Per Circ (Downloadable Audiobook)

Model

Pay Per Circ

Pay Per Circ

Access

Pay Per Circ; one copy, one user

Pay Per Circ; one copy, one user

Pricing

10% of Standard WHS Lib Price (USD) – PRH to provide pricing*

10% of Standard WHS Lib Price (USD, CAD) – Aggregator to calculate and apply

Discount

Standard terms apply

Standard terms apply

Territory

US, CA, INT'L (CA/Intl: use USD)

US, CA, INT'L

Titles

PRH US, PRH CA, & DK

PRH US, PRH CA, & DK

Use

School library & public library

School library & public library

Reporting

Use current account #(s) for Community Reads/PPC (where applies)

Use current account #(s) for Community Reads/PPC (where applies)

*PRH will make pricing available via ONIX feed or spreadsheet depending on Aggregator preferences

Skip Dye
SVP, Library Sales and Digital Strategy
SVP, Sales Operations
Penguin Random House