[aisle] Remote film viewing

Emily Conradt EConradt at scpld.org
Tue Mar 17 14:56:18 CDT 2020

Hello, Dawn,

Fair use exemptions for showing of films in classrooms only apply to in-person instruction according to this explanation of the copyright law by ALA. Distance/remote learning is specifically excluded - there are details in the document.

http://www.ala.org/advocacy/sites/ala.org.advocacy/files/content/copyright/fairuse/web-digital%20delivery%20in%20classroomrev3psa.pdf

Emily Conradt, Preschool Outreach Librarian (she/her)
St. Charles Public Library District
630-584-0076 ext. 279
econradt at scpld.org

PLEASE NOTE: Pursuant to Illinois State Law, e-mail communication to and from this address may be subject to public disclosure.

The library will be closed for an estimated 3-4 weeks while we move to our temporary location. We will be located at the recently closed Haines building at 305 S. 9th Street. The renovation will begin March 2020, and last for 12-14 months. Watch for the latest information on scpld.org, social media and the Discover Your Library newsletter.