[aisle] Remote film viewing

Dawn Scuderi scuderi.dawn at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 15:10:54 CDT 2020

Hi Emily,

With the shut down, during this time, fair use is getting a second look.

"It is evident that making materials available and accessible to students
in this time of crisis will almost always be a fair use. As long as we are
being thoughtful in our analysis and limiting our activities to the
specific needs of our patrons during this time of crisis, copyright law
supports our uses," the statement says. "The fair use doctrine accommodates
the flexibility required by our shared public health crisis, enabling
society to function and progress while protecting human life and safety.

https://www.slj.com/?detailStory=librarians-address-copyright-concerns-argue-fair-use-applies-amid-academic-closures-coronavirus-covid19

The content is being used for direct instruction and a classroom
environment is not possible.  It would be a closed Google Classroom and not
accessible to the general public.

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 2:56 PM Emily Conradt via AISLE <