[aisle] Encouraging Kids to Read

Kraft, Carolyn CarolynKraft at sd54.k12.il.us
Tue Mar 17 19:22:11 CDT 2020

For those of you who are looking to keep your students engaged in reading over the next few weeks, I thought I would share the BINGO boards I have been working on the last couple of days.

I created boards that are slightly different for multiage groups we have in our elementary school. Students have ACCESS to EPIC, Britannica, and World Book from their school devices. In addition at least some of our families have devices at home that can access the online collections at our public library. I’m also banking on kids reading or rereading books that are currently in their homes.

My idea is to keep kids engaged in reading throughout the rest of the school year.
Kinder/1st<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1REyuyWttwm-0Z5sSKWTsPY2PnjBLhnFH6iP85U45BQA/edit?usp=sharing>
2nd / 3rd<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1UIcA2VBXgZp8yjrSIdqaaPTxoJklGUbzRMjo1_KbrBQ/edit?usp=sharing>                  You don’t have access to the links I gave the kids. Our favorites squares and a few others are linked to a Google doc that gives the kids ideas.
4th / 5th<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1wDbI-THM-6RzDtqILpQUbQ_use1WkkOsu91gflshbNE/edit?usp=sharing>
 If you don’t have Epic, it is currently free and will give kids access to books.

Carolyn Kraft

Lincoln Prairie School

Hoffman Estates