[aisle] Rails board nominations

Mary Jo Matousek mjretired19 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 23:59:44 CDT 2020

Have you ever wanted to be part of Decisions made by the Rails Board?  Now is your chance to nominate yourself for a position.   Please see below.  I am a past Board Member/President of Rails Board and happy to answer any questions you have.

If you happen to know of any Great Academic,  Public Library Trustees or staff members. Please encourage them to consider running, for a position.  You may contact Mary Witt for more information.
Deadline for RAILS Board Nominations Extended to April 3
RAILS still needs nominations for the following positions on our board:

One academic library representative (to be filled by an individual employed by a RAILS academic library)
Three public library trustees (to be filled by board members at RAILS public libraries)
One school library representative (to be filled by an individual employed by a RAILS school library)
One at large representative (to be filled by an individual representing any type of RAILS library – academic, public, school, or special)
Terms for all positions begin on July 1, 2020. Terms for the academic library representative, public library trustees, and school library representative end on June 30, 2023. The term for the at large representative ends on June 30, 2022. The deadline for nominations has been extended to Friday, April 3, at 5 p.m.

The RAILS Board meets 11 times per year at sites throughout the RAILS service area (travel costs are reimbursed). Board members may attend meetings in person or at a RAILS videoconference location.

We are looking for candidates that reflect the diversity of the RAILS membership in terms of race, ethnicity, age, geographic location, background, and other factors. For more information on duties and responsibilities, view the RAILS Board Member Job Description. After you have read the job description, complete this nomination form.

We realize that our libraries currently have a lot on their minds! We also want to ensure that we have strong board candidates to continue to help lead RAILS and our members into the future. If you are eligible to run for one of the open seats, please consider submitting your nomination. If you are a public library director and have a board member you think would be a good fit for the RAILS Board, please contact them and encourage them to run for one of the open public library trustee seats. Questions? Contact Mary Witt, RAILS Communications Director.

Sent from my iPhone